Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Contemporary Groove

No more clichés that dismay a cynical soul
Funk grooves, so smooth, like water they flow
I’m told what’s cool is real,
But what’s hot so quickly goes cold


I’m hip, but watch out for my hop
I dance, but can’t step
Daddy-o, holla back at me yo
That’s modern… you know?


I’ll give you five,
But only on the black-hand side
I’m ice, with no diamonds made from blood


I walked a stage to earn MY bling,
and momma and daddy popped shots


Outside I sit, in a still White abyss
inside it’s Black as night



So listen to me, without your ears,
Your fears I don't aim to quell
Get jealous, get mad… too sad… too bad
I’ve heard all that noise, now and past


4 Comments:

Blogger o.flory said...

First time when I read the poem..I thought wow..

Second time..well..the image of the abyss caught my attention..
I like the: "So listen to me,without your ears"..

World is full of "glittered" images and vanity..

2:15 PM, September 28, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ku Ku,

I loved this one. After I felt a bit better all that yelling and screaming. Thanks for being there when I need you.

11:59 AM, October 02, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ amber7dragonfly:

Thank you. I think it's tough for most people to get away from the easy impressions that images bring. I think images can mislead many people into unhappiness. I've seen it before.

@ anonymous:

Of course. And thank you.

12:08 AM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger o.flory said...

Images can mislead.True.
But we are conected with the world through images..It is a form we comunicate with other humans and we can make a inner representation of the world through images.

Words can mislead as well..
Depends on us to make the difference between true images and false ones.

5:01 PM, October 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home