Thursday, March 06, 2008

Adrift on Planet Earth

Happy 2008!! Wow, it's been such a long time since I've written on my blog. It might just be that I'm entering the poetry mood again. Or maybe it's boredom. Or maybe only a flicker of a former consciousness. Who knows. But if feels good to write again.


Adrift I seem so far from Earth, while reaching for the sky
I seethe with private anguish
I burst with jealous pride


And in a certain frame of mind,
I wonder where I go
I grasp at aimless motions
Transfixed by what I loathe


Disarm my smile, and glimpse a frown
My heart is rarely shown
I use a claming manner
Protrudes of charm alone


A weary face behind the mask
Stares but cannot see
The light behind my eyes are grey
And brighter to you than me.


So I walk beneath false light by day
My house of God is empty
The faith is often shook
I’ve walked in other ways
But on my knees I find myself
And in it I still pray.

5 Comments:

Blogger o.flory said...

Glad to see you writing again!

Beautiful piece, I like it.

2:05 AM, March 07, 2008  
Blogger Tai said...

"Transfixed by what I loathe"

It's so easy to find yourself there....

I'm really glad you visited my blog, and I'm extra glad I visited you, you're words are wonderful!

11:04 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger Tai said...

And my grammar sucks...I meant 'your words'.
But I'll bet you figured that out!

11:05 PM, March 10, 2008  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ dragonfly of the night:

Thank you for stopping by. I suppose the mood may have struck me again.

It’s always nice to see my poet friends.

@ Tai:

Welcome.

Yeah, I think sometimes it’s hard to look away. Maybe sometimes life is like watching a train wreck, sometime you end up looking a bit too long.

And FYI, there will be no grammar exams here. :) That especially goes for me.

Thanks for stopping by.

12:57 PM, March 11, 2008  
Blogger Yesha said...

wow. cool words. haven't used those words on my poems. such a lovely piece. =]

2:18 PM, August 21, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home