Sunday, October 02, 2005

PATTERNS AND CYCLES

Believe it or not, most people live their life on themes. We figure things out the best way we know how. We all have our problem-solving techniques. But what happens when your problem-solving technique is broken, or doesn’t work? It’s not a coincidence that people date the same kind people over and over (most will deny it, but it’s true. You just might not realize the common link), or keep going back to things that aren’t good for them.


The most serious problem-solving patterns are those that we CONSCIOUSLY know cause us pain, but yet still CHOOSE to continue to do. They’re usually followed by excuses such as: “I’m just stupid.” The perfect excuse as to why we continue to act like a fool.


Yesterday I had a conversation with a friend who was upset with me. She was upset because she pointed out a behavioral pattern of mine that produces emotional trouble. She was upset not because I have recently taken such an action, but because she was reminded about the type of action I used to take.


I listened and I honestly do appreciate her observation. I appreciate it because everyone doesn’t have that kind of license to speak as freely to me. I’m thankful I have her around. It’s not often that people are close enough to speak so openly and honestly with each other. Usually people are on some “Brutal-Honesty” crap; a chance to say hurtful things that are factually based because you’re upset.


I’ve been blessed to have two, and now three, close friends in my life. These are the only people close to my age that can really pull my card… and I love them for it. So here’s to my truest friends:


1) To my best friend: Up and down, you’ve been there since the sandbox. I can’t wait to see you at the top. God willing, life will be sweet to us all. It already has already been extremely kind to us.


1a) To the woman in his life: I wish you a lifetime of happiness. You’ve definitely struck gold. I’ll try and make sure we have dinner next week. You’re a good woman Love.


2) To my best friend: No one knows how stupid we really were. I can’t believe we’re actually becoming adults. You’ve grown up, my friend, and who would have guessed… I did too.


2a) To the woman in your life: I hope she’s not a fool. And I hope you’re not a fool either. Don’t let her just walk into the sunset, my friend.


3) To my special girl: Special bonds have to be cultivated. They don’t just happen. I’m not going to let you walk into the sunset. We can CHOOSE to do things how we WANT. Whatever the cards, we always have a choice. And my choice is this: to not let go of someone so special and so rare. People like you aren’t just walking the streets everyday.

4 Comments:

Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ storm:

There's not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful that circumstances have blessed me to have the great people I have in my life.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my blog.

@ yaz:

My best friends have been in my life since I was very young. Distance, time, an ocean and a whole lot of growing pains didn't come between us. These are people I'm not going to let walk into the sunset and disappear.

I'll definately be stopping by more often. Thanks for the comment.

11:04 PM, October 04, 2005  
Blogger o.flory said...

Everything in life is based on a pattern,even human behaviour.The problem resides in those negative patterns in our behaviour that we should abandon or replace with positive ones..
If someone is too atached to a negative pattern,well..there is no one to blame but the person itself..once you get burnt with fire is no use in keep on getting into it..that is foolishness..

Friendship is one of the good things that life offers..

4:00 PM, October 05, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ku Ku,

I am sure your special girl values you. I am sure she also knows what she can loose in her life if she looses you.

Only thing I can tell be observant and watch. I am sure she loves you more than you can think.

U have a great friends in life.

5:04 PM, October 05, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ amber7dragonfly:

I completely agree with you.

I think it’s wrong to use our fallibility, as imperfect creatures, as an excuse to act foolishly. I also think it’s wrong to expect those around you to hold your hand when you CHOOSE to make the same stupid mistakes over and over again. At a certain point, you’re asking for trouble.

So I would say this: Be careful what you wish for... you might just get it.

@ Anonymous:

Thank you. I know I have great friends.

11:59 AM, October 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home