Saturday, October 08, 2005

An Enigma And A Whisper

There’s a whisper found on both our lips
It’s faint… a shadow of unspoken words
As twilight hours fade from time
Lips speak utterances of quivering silence


Though the ears so lust for truth
Hearts betray the mind
Or does the mind betray the heart?
Its relevance is forgotten or lost


Wilting passions hide these fears
An inaudible whisper conceals and runs from tears
Excuses and cowardice are best of friends
Broken promises reverberate with no end
Unspoken actions deafen ears
Ambiguity is the guide of fear


Insolent pride that looks so mellow
Open secrets scream so loud
No more bravado, or cruel/malicious pleasure
An endless oasis is found beyond truth


I’ve never known a paradise
Take head… it has its price


Hearts and doves need no cages to call home
Tender beckoning makes them loyal

But be warned to nuture carefully... both need care


An enigma quietly sits, for now
Silence that remains unbroken


Someday our lips will begin to move
And on that day…
lies are broken by painful truths

3 Comments:

Blogger o.flory said...

The deepest silence,
time stands still..

two steps away from
just another paradise

all questions are now gone
no answers left for them..

and all you have to wonder now
is yet a perfect enigma
whose truth won't ever be revealed..

two steps away is all it takes
to leave another broken paradise..

4:47 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger Unknown said...

This is beautiful. I really like your blog.

6:53 PM, October 09, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ lady in satin:

Thank you!! Although I’m not sure about the whole “deep” thing. But I am working on writing with greater substance. Thanks for stopping by.

@ amber7dragonfly:

I have this dream that paradise is just over the horizon. Although I then have to go back to my day and I find myself really distant from those kinds of thoughts. But I do steal a moment or two of private uplifting thoughts during my day. I think it has to be that way.

@ Colleen:

Thanks for stopping by. I’m glad you enjoy some of the writing I share. I hope that you continue to stop by. I’ll definitely stop by your blog.

11:27 PM, October 09, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home