Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nutritional Emasculation

A Lion’s mane must be groomed for the entire Pride.
From the great distance, it is never mistaken;
Substitutions hidden in lush vegetation,
Provide inadequate sustenance.


Inquisitive and skeptical, heirs to queendoms prod traditional wisdom.
Barbarism, by way of carnivorous obsession, is quite civilized;
Much more civilized than the halfway fast;
The omnivorous beast recognizes life in naked natural terms.


Is it ignorance or preference that masculinity is self-centered?
The question seems loaded with a haughty feminism.
Complementing various needs is a principle of opposites;
The natural way of things;
A hormonal hypnotization,
birthed from beyond our doing.


Curled and cuddled to retire each evening,
Strength, his necessity for the rising morrow.
Deprivation,
a crime.
Woe be it unto she who is charged to nurture.
Beware, necessity cannot be ignored.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

I'm happy that you are back! That is a wonderful poem...

Thank you for sharing!

3:22 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger JD_Janelle said...

very interesting...I must say. I almost applied it to my life...fixing vegetables for my family, being a vegetarian and all. But then I thought....nah. Thanks for the forewarning! : )

8:40 PM, May 08, 2006  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ Maizzy:

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I love to see when you’ve stopped by to say Hi.

@ jd_janelle:

Whenever someone finds my writing interesting I’m always encouraged, it’s not always easy to share it. Sharing my writing over the course of the last year has been a blessing.

I have a friend who is becoming a vegetarian. Applying certain things to our lives can often prove challenging.

10:21 AM, May 11, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home