Monday, December 05, 2005

Soothing Fundamentalist

Interwoven in primordial passions,
scathing hypocrisy douses an olive branch with gasoline;
An inferno will adjudicate this dilemma.


Earth moans in ecstasy cultivated from its warm soft core.
Nucleic acidity rivals popular neurosis.
Phallic astonishment laments a guilty pleasure;
pulsating gyrations erode a thinly projected exterior,
illusions are thrust deep into the world at-large.
An original sin raises much like a phoenix from the ice-age.


Progressive demolition;
Ecclesiastic rebellion.
Convenient isms taunt the natural way of things.
Social re-conditioning will luckily free us into slavery.
Isn’t this what we ask for?


Salivating sensations emitted from a feminine neckline;
A tawdry imagination liberated from human guilt,
anticipating a loving indecency ripe with contradictions.
That sensual arch is worth killing for.
A lifetime of promise is worth dying for.


A thermal mentality is often smothered in regret.
Passive frigidity is difficult to warm.
On a shared plane, springs cushion the essence of peace,
Reconciliation is propped with feathered comfort;
A gentle touch demands a penance it gladly receives without compunction.
All the while, an individualistic blanket keeps us in loving comfort.

9 Comments:

Blogger JD_Janelle said...

Great poem. It kind of made my thoughts wander...

5:10 PM, December 05, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

While reading this, I thought ...

Sure wish he'd post just a little something about what inspires these poems and just a little something about his creative process.

You know, if you want to. :)

8:11 AM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

Freeing us into slavery. An amazing way to define the goings on of the present!

1:25 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

Whaddya know. I see it completely differently now. Cool.

It's actually really obvious now but for some reason when I read it the first time, I expected a different message, so I saw a different message. Perceptions are a trip.

Thank you, sir.

8:11 AM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

I just realized my last 2 comments were posted at the exact same time 2 days apart.

What does that mean? I think you should write a poem about it. :D

8:13 AM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Blondie... said...

Ah, Nos...

"All the while, an individualistic blanket keeps us in loving comfort"

I think that is where we lose ourselves at times. At least I do. I get so involved with being mom, daughter, sister, ex... That I have forgotten me. I actually have a post drafted that I talked about losing myself and such. It was inspired by another of your poems!

Thank so much for sharing this with us.

x

10:54 AM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

First, I apologize for blowing up the comments on this post but I just thought about something else.

This may seem silly but the whole having two comments thing at the same time stuck with me. You read my blog so you know I don't believe in coincidence. But I had to come back because it just dawned on me that 8+11=19 and 19 is my favorite number.

Ok, I'm done.

Blessings to you, beloved.

11:33 AM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ jd_janelle:

Glad you enjoyed the poem. If it made you think, then I know it was worth posting.

@ aisha t:

Sometimes I wonder if some of the open-mindedness many of us try to practice is in fact curtaining our ability to think seriously about other things.

@ blondie:

Life is a balance. It’s tough to temper “selfishness,” which is bad, with “self-interest,” which is good. We shouldn’t betray ourselves, but we can betray our obligations either.

@ goddess:

C’mon now Goddess, you should know by now that your comments are well-appreciated and highly valued. And on this blog, you can show as much love as you want.

Peace and Love

2:48 PM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

(((Where's NTG???)))

An appreciative audience awaits.

(Ah, check out that alliteration!)

lol

7:51 AM, December 13, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home