Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Golden Pox

Opiate addicted masses revel in backward and useless expertise of a haughty nature.
Aficionados and fine connoisseurs of the greatest pleasures in life,
They levy superficial indulgences before a swathe of cluelessness.
Their posterity bathes in pettiness,
sneering a most pointedly arrogant snarl;
Begging to be abused;
your wish will soon be granted.


I wish an unforgiving pox on thee… or something like that.
Old English ain’t my drink.


Stagnation is seen as a defiant protest to any brand of formalism,
I marvel at the ignoramus who finds an identity as such;
It’s celebrated enthusiastically.
An expression of post modern morals, or lack thereof;
Judgment becomes obsolete,
as nihilism become the religion of the masses;
There is nothing,
so nothing rests upon a sacred pedestal;
Believe that, and you’re on your way to becoming evil.


Idol worshipers are afflicted with madness,
while the buckles on my straight-jacket seem to loosen.
Though nothing is as it seems;
I've been fooled before.


My… those are lovely shoes you have;
That shine reflects more in your soul than it does of their style.


Did you know that Mrs. Jones has a beautiful Golden Calf in her living room?
Know how much it costs?
Wish you had one?
Do you?

8 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

I was never one for materialism, however, I did idolize over certain things in my life.

This was a powerful poem. I've been reading some of them lately, you're absolutely talented!

You should consider creating a chapbook---if you haven't already.

12:53 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger Blondie... said...

The holidays brings out the worst of materialism... That just makes me sad.

Thank you for sharing.

x

2:05 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger JD_Janelle said...

I guess, technically, since I'm commenting on your page, I'm no longer on strike.

That poem was great though. Makes u consider what's really important

5:06 PM, November 30, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

Deep.

8:55 AM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

I am tired of the one always clueless! I know it is a very well written poem because you use words so eloquently. Please, just interpret one poem for me. That would open my mind to the way you write and what you mean. And I better get a response from this comment. So will you? It doesn't have to be this one in particular. Okay.

4:06 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

Materialism can sometimes seem like the devil. I love powerful way of your words!

8:00 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Lumina said...

Hey,

thanks for visiting me... you sweet!

btw: added you to my ymsg... hope you dont mind...

Ok when i read the title i was somewhat perplexed cuz thought of a disease came to mind. and then i started to read and the next word that popped up had to be looked up on the dictionary... crap! not a very intelligent lady that i am... sorry... so it took me about 2 tries and then got the sorta meaning... heee...

thanks for the new word in my vocabulary... :)

3:43 PM, December 02, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ deb:

I think we all have/do idolize over certain things. Unhooking those kinds of leashes from our necks is a huge part of developing our spiritualism. And thank you, it means a lot to me that you have a good opinion of my pieces.

@ blondie:

For all the beauty of the holidays, sometimes they really do expose the worst in us. But even so, that gives us the chance to hold up a mirror to ourselves and work to make those improvements in our lives… as long as we’re able to look at ourselves in the mirror.

@: jd_janelle:

I always try to take some time to consider what is fundamental to my life, and whether or not I’m working to keep those things, or obtain them.

@ lady_in_satin:

I don’t know if people will studying any of my writing, but sharing it people has been a joy for me. You’re great Satin.

@ goddess:

Coming from you, I know that’s a great compliment. Thank you.

@ georgiapeach:

The reason I don’t put up an interpretation of my poems is that it’s my opinion that poetry is a living art. By that, I mean the conception I had in my head at the time I wrote it is a personal experience for me. And at the same time, when you read poetry (any poems by any author), the conception you make in your head is personal. I don’t want to cloud my own conception, or anyone else’s, with an interpretation that narrows their personal experience.

That being said… you’re welcome to e-mail me if you want an idea of where I come from when I write, or if you want a short synopsis of what I’m writing. If you are, choose one and drop me a line.

And thank you for reading. Your comments are appreciated.

@ aisha_t:

We all struggle with materialism, if they our lost is not for material things.

@ maizzy:
It’s always nice to see when you’ve stopped by. And I’m sure your intelligence is not a problem in reading my pieces. I always have to read poetry more than once. And no, I mind that you added me.

8:43 AM, December 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home