Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Morning's Rising Notions

On the surface of the last raindrop to ever fall on Earth,
lovers dance a salsa that castigates a rabid throng,
as the most ardent of dreamers is struck with an epiphany that envelops the soul.


An unmistakable vehemence comes barreling through darkness;
Innocence winks at the morning dew that glides on beams of sunlight;
The center of the solar-system resurrects the sleeping forest each day.


Beasts prey upon each other, fulfilling natural obligations absent of morality.
Quick-witted feathers flap determined movements into a cool breeze.
Feeding frenzies mask insipid compulsions to biological urges;
Instinct is unapologetic.


There is an arduous journey that’s birthed at infancy,
it begs for a morsel of compassion.
The thinning autumn air relieves a sweltering confusion;
Devoid of nourishment, subsistence loses its essence.


Beneath feet that rest upon Eden’s majesty,
Damp terrain, the pride of the heavens, moisten thick skin;
The texture of soft whispers brush gently across a smiling face;
All the while, prayers recited eons ago are finally answered.


Sleeping spirits never slumber;
Their work is never done.


Unbeknownst to human eyes, cold stars blanket existence in God’s warmth.
Celestial quasars dip milk from the bosom of life;
Floating elemental particles were born to levitate through uncertainty.


The balance that is found in life’s harmony teaches wisdom;
Perfection is nurtured when reality is reconciled with purpose.
Conspicuous perils impossible to see are not invisible;
An open heart can see a thousand miles, and a million years.

7 Comments:

Blogger Blondie... said...

What about those with an open heart that is a bit calloused with scars? So many times I've allowed myself to be open, to be the prey, to be the aggressor and it always seems to hurt me in some way. I may walk away but I still have heart that is open.

This post really invokes some major emotions in me. Congratualtions...Thats not easily done!

You never cease to impress me with your prose.

2:17 PM, November 02, 2005  
Blogger JD_Janelle said...

I think I'm addicted to this page

5:25 PM, November 02, 2005  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

I love Blondie's comment. Therfore I will not say anything but that I agree with her. This post was beautiful.

5:28 PM, November 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quink,

U r my heart. I mean it this time more than ever. Such a talent!!!!

11:12 PM, November 03, 2005  
Blogger Dusty said...

The imagery is sublime.

7:34 AM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger JD_Janelle said...

Let the record show...that ur HILARIOUS!!!

1:35 PM, November 05, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ blondie:

Experience toughens us. That’s part of the deal, I suppose.

Life is more than just “following your heart.” If that were the case, then we wouldn’t need to think about anything, we could just go through life feeling our way. I’ve done that at times, and I’ve seen people do it. The only thing I know for sure is this: the heart has to be tempered with experience, knowledge and discipline. Going with the flow sometimes makes you a slave to your heart. And I don’t think it’s good to be a slave to anything.

I’m glad you’re feeling my writing. It’s great to see when you’ve made your presence known.

@ jd_janelle:

Poetry is one of my more healthy addictions. I’m glad you like the page. There are far worse addictions to be had in this life.

@ georgiapeach:

Good to see you stop by. Thanks for taking time to read my pieces. Don’t be a stranger.

@ lady_in_satin:

Your comment made me smile. But I’m not sure anyone would want to read about my daily life.

If you happen to personally know any of these beautiful women I should be meeting on a daily basis, point them toward me. These days, I’m a single man in the city who seems to have a yellow tail.

Maybe you’re right. When an interesting story comes around I’ll have to share it. Maybe I should write about my Halloween… hmmmmm … maybe.

@ anonymous:

Thank you for reminding me that I have dreams and not just obligations. It’s been a long journey back to myself. Thank you for the help along the way.

@ frida:

Thanks for visiting. The eye of an artist is ALWAYS appreciated on this page. Please stop by again.

@ jd_janelle (again):

How can I contest that?

5:17 PM, November 05, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home