Tuesday, October 25, 2005

The World In Awe Minor

After dusk,
In the middle of the night,
men catch lovely Persian butterflies in ancient Persia;
They perch quietly in the palms of unfamiliar hands;
Their majestic colour is hypnotizing,
Though I wish I could smash the jars that keep them.


The soul of Moses still walks just behind God,
Though he murdered a living-man.


A lovely Grandmother’s lilies seeded few fools;
The roses in her garden were her pride;
Though with all her heart, she pruned painful thorns to no avail;
Those that wilted still got care.


As you slumber, can you feel the wrinkles of that soft warm hand?
The eyes of angels peer upon the world;
And on their wings rests a long-awaited kiss.
We’ll meet again.


Visionaries that lift veils are the wisest of sages.
Life without judgment is a fleeting wish;
Reputations ripple through time.


Bedrock principles built on a shaky tectonic morality,
Cast gray shadows on immoral actions.


There’s a mote in my eye,
And wool over yours,
But that don’t mean there’s no truth.


In blue, a period of sorrow mourns for red;
A river blesses terrestrial lands with green hopes;
Just as new wedding dresses are sewed in light cream fabric;
Do you ever miss a white Christmas?


Grief is not inconsolable;
Familiarity is a comforting friend with suspicious motives,
Weathered rocks may still have jagged edges that slice the soul.
Solace in repetition can be dangerous;
We live our lives on themes.


Justice antagonizes the messy business of its pursuit;
The East reflected light to dark ages,
Gusts from the Westerlies now blow progress in all spheres.
Peasants watch anxiously to see where the floating leaf will fall.


At birth, a baby is everyone’s child;
Wide eyes have faith in hopeful optimisms
The aged marvel at innocence in a teary longing for their own;
In children we’re all still in awe.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This poem is fascinating. I really enjoyed reading it.

Love your blog, by the way!

1:50 PM, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Brea said...

Had to read this one twice!

10:27 PM, October 26, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

I could feel myself in a dimly lit room, surrounded by others, all of us gazing at the gentle sista who sits on the stool at the microphone. Reciting. Puncturing depth and wisdom into each of us. One at a time.

Blessings!

8:12 PM, October 27, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ colleen:

I’m glad to see that you stopped by. I’m also glad to hear that I’m keeping those who enjoy reading my pieces a little bit interested. It’s nice to see you around.

@ brea:

If you had to read it twice… I’ll take that as a good sign. Thank you.

@ lady_in_satin:

There wasn’t a single inspiration for this one. This piece has a whole lot of my thoughts and views of “my world” and “the world” in it. It’s a reflection of the way I saw life at that particular second. I say that because I think that as we grow older, many those views may grow, develop and become greater. Who knows how I’ll change and grow in my thinking.

Always great to see you've stopped by

@ goddess:

I’m often in the same place when I’m writing. It feels good to once again write regularly and take a closer look at myself and the world around me. I’ve never performed any of my writing, but who knows, maybe sometime.

Peace and Love!

9:45 PM, October 28, 2005  
Blogger Blondie... said...

So many lines in this poem struck a chord inside of me. Thank you for sharing. I cannot really reply for fear of getting sloppy.

~R

8:29 PM, October 30, 2005  
Blogger courtney said...

that was nice...*snaps*

8:08 PM, November 01, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ blondie:

I always appreciate your comments blondie. Don’t worry about getting “sloppy,” I’m sure most of my comments are either poorly thought out or poorly written. Yours are always welcomed.

@ courtney eliza:

Thanks for the props. Don’t be a stranger.

9:09 AM, November 02, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home