Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Fraternity Humanity

Fratricide,
cousin to genocide,
Traverses a well-known desert in this world.

Only God forgives his most egregious trespasses;
In his attempt to mimick God's love,
he attempts to reconcile with divine forgiveness;
We often fail.


Military whores beg for more, despite a change in tactical defeat;
While the eyes of sad seeds bleed the last of their youthful virginity,
A vagabond scrounges through the remnants of Babylon;
Callous feet cross deserts soaked in the sweat of fanatical reverence.


Good Christians say the Lord’s Prayer on Sunday morning five-times,
on their families' most prized hand-woven prayer rugs:
The call: “There is no God but God…”
Listen carefully;
You’ll also hear and see the same,
after a meatless feast at Shabbat dinner.


Madmen in caves are venerated by their enemies,
as they are martyred in their lifetime.
The Base, from which they operate,
now launches ships which have gusts from the Westerlies in their sails;
The Easterlies are no longer a primary mode of transportation, or concern.
The Students, they have their movement; it grows beyond mud huts and tents.
O’ Solomon, The Wise, your people need you.


From the holiest of lands,
screams of blasphemy prophesize the end of days;
Fools refuse to confront the heretics in their mist,
for fear of being left in the cold... or worse.
In the streets of Amman, a marriage was performed,
not a union of man and wife, but of lunacy and insanity;
I offer my prayers and condolences to the family of the cinemas’ great messenger.


The wandering peoples, who none will take in, are used to prove a point;
The legitimacy of a particular movement rests upon their grief.
Only God knows the consequences of such abuse;
Hate turns in unintended directions.
Like patient children, we wait for the sound of a trumpet;
Ever read Revelations?

9 Comments:

Blogger Lumina said...

where did you get these paragraphs... very nice! I like ....

10:15 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

Whoa, powerful and well articulated!

10:17 AM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Deb said...

Revelations is already happening...it has been for quite some time.

Pretty powerful post. I'd pick your brain on certain areas....but I'm afraid I may be misinterpreting it a tad.

2:26 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger Brea said...

Deep.

11:38 PM, November 16, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ maizzy:

Thank you for stopping by. These pieces are thoughts that occur to me in my dream-world. I’m glad you enjoyed this one.

@ aisha t.:

I’ve been thinking about these things for a while. Thanks for stopping by. I’m glad you made your presence known. You make me laugh and smile.

@ ~deb:

Thanks for the comment. And feel free to try to pick my brain. I’m not sure I have that much to offer, but I’ll offer what I can. I wasn’t sure whether or not I was going to put this one up, I’m glad I did. Don’t be a stranger.

@ brea:

It’s great to see when you’ve stopped by. Thanks brea.

10:17 AM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger Lumina said...

Just stopping by and saying hi... had to show your post to my boyfriend. he found it very deep. you must be a writer or something in those lines, that's what he said... our you are just a very proround individual...

have a beatiful day,

maizzy

ps. answered your comment on my site... k..

11:58 AM, November 17, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

The coded references to various religions are profound.

8:55 AM, November 18, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ maizzy:

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi. And although I used to fantasize about being a writer, I’m not. You have a good day too.

@ goddess:

I’m glad you always get where I’m coming from goddess.

@ lady_in_satin:

This version was actually highly edited. Glad you liked it Satin. Don’t be stranger.

11:08 AM, November 19, 2005  
Blogger MZPEACH said...

I really didn't leave a comment two days ago? Gosh, I can't believe it! Oh yeah, I remember, my co-worker came over. Darnit. They sure can get in the way of my bloggin...lol. I really liked the poem. I am so bad at interpreting things. So, I will leave it in my mind what I think this poem was about. Maybe you should post your interpretation of what you write a couple of days after you publish a poem. It would be great to actually know what the poem means from the author.

6:42 PM, November 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home