Thursday, November 10, 2005

Lighthouse On The Shoreline

There’s a shore where a man sits in isolated solitude.
In sheer wonderment,
an optical illusion taunts his eyes with more water than the sea;
It reminds him of waterfalls.


He is provoked by a vessel, fine as she could be;
She sails into his private sunrise,
under a steaming sun, on a lonely afternoon,
and threatens to leave him one cold and devastating night.


Silence;
An expressionless face stares aimlessly.


A secular phenomenon of biblical proportions,
thrusts childishness into maturity.


Rays illuminating other worlds,
now produce only the shadow of a glare;
Humbled by a simple ray of light, anger wells in his heart.
Furious rage soon begets an embarrassing confusion;
He comes to terms with impotence, and sighs in disbelief.


The main mast of his fading ship can catch his eye from a thousand miles.
His hands attempt to motion a limp-wristed wave;
Regret shimmies off moonlit waters in broad daylight.
Crashing emotions make waves against the rocky Pride below,
To navigate through one of Seven Deadly Seas is painful:


This is a showcase of what occurs when lighthouses refuse to communicate;
They cannot rescue lost ships.

13 Comments:

Blogger MZPEACH said...

Damn I am so poor at interpreting other people's poetry. I did read the entire poem but I really didn't undestand it. It was really nice. The theme/subject of the poem was different. The woman is a vessel right. I am not going to share the rest of my thoughts because I will only embarrass myself. Did you know I have given you a new nickname. The Dr.Phil of Blogworld. How you like it?..lol

8:19 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

You made me laugh georgiapeach. And don't worry, you may have to get a nickname yourself.

The "Dr. Phil" of Blogworld. It's funny, but I'm not so sure it's true. Am I really coming off that way in my writing? Hmmm... well, you could have called me a lot worse, so I'm cool with it.

8:50 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

And don't be embarrassed to share you thoughts. A really brilliant guy taught me that the only way to experience poetry is my performing it out loud. I read everyone's poems out loud and comment from there.

Your thoughts are always appreciated.

8:54 AM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Dusty said...

Such regret for someone so young.
How long ago did you lose your fading ship... and did she date your best friend before she left?

3:03 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Aisha T. said...

Very beautiful--you have an amazing talent!

10:30 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger Brea said...

Yet another awesome poem!

"She sails into his private sunrise,
under a steaming sun, on a lonely afternoon,
and threatens to leave him one cold and devastating night."


That transition gives me chills!

10:36 PM, November 10, 2005  
Blogger o.flory said...

Lost ships are gone forever,
Memories must fade away,
New journeys on vast oceans
wait for you to sail again..

Silence is the master of pain
and the waterfalls of regrets
are too much one can endure.

The sea is always there,
waiting for new ships
to sail under the orange sky
of hope.

1:54 AM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Meadow said...

This one made me smile. I just kept thinking, "Been there. Done that." lol

6:16 AM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger Blondie... said...

Ah...

If this poem were switched around...

I'd totally relate.

However, I know at times I've sailed into a few sunrises, didn't mean to...but I did.

Thanks again, really nice piece.

2:17 PM, November 11, 2005  
Blogger JD_Janelle said...

This poem has inspired ME.....to give up again! Love's depressing. Thanks, JN : (

6:37 PM, November 13, 2005  
Blogger Deb said...

This poem was sadly--beautiful... The visualization you give is awesome, but the message itself tells another story.

6:55 AM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger Lumina said...

damn, you have a way with words... i been reading your blogs... and they are very fascinating... thank you for coming to my site! much appreciated!


Thank you,

Maizzy

10:03 PM, November 15, 2005  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ Everyone:

Thank you for the kind words. It's not so easy to share my thoughts so openly, but you've all made it a lot easier.

12:26 AM, November 16, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home