Thursday, March 16, 2006

In Light of Avarice

I drowned, subtle inflections in an amber sea.
Sultry temptation slithered naked avarice toward me.
My redemption, quantitatively incalculable;
Posthumously, I morn, the passing of a fiction.
Quiet chairs rattle the foundation of inhibition;
Ineptitude pesters, and persists,
like a dear friend’s betrayal.


Triumphantly,
bravado slays the auras of even weaker surroundings;
The shame is the failure of weaker minds;
The illusion is not quite as mystical as it appears.



When hypocrisy bathes in its contradictions,
You see the appearance of bold yet well-intentioned malevolence;

Reluctantly and eagerly, foolishness embraces its humanity,
and accepts its socialization.


The old vulgarities and offenses I indulge in silence;
They lay with me in a former antiquated life;
The imprecision is enlightening;
It is delightfully liberating.


I speak in cordial affirmations.
They are decidedly bitter upon further examination.
Is perpetual arrogance defensive?
There are times where humility is detrimental;
Though not often.
My parents taught their progeny better manners;
My posterity deserves better as well.


Seething and fermenting in frustration,
Ascension to self-aggrandizement agitates egotism.

11 Comments:

Blogger JD_Janelle said...

Well, welcome back to blogspot! i was about to send RR to go and look for you. I really enjoyed this piece! : ) keep em coming. I think I can make some money off of these.

5:55 PM, March 20, 2006  
Blogger Mrs A. said...

interesting.......very interesting

7:28 AM, March 22, 2006  
Blogger Me, Myself, and I said...

I'm not sure what the problem is, but everytime I try to leave a comment, I can't. Anyway, I truly enjoyed this. You continue to have me in awe with your words.

12:56 PM, March 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey baby,

I just stopped by to tell you I love ya. U know I need to pool my jack ass dictionary out or go dictionary. com to understand your poems.

When I catch you the next time u got to sit down with me explain it step by step.

U r my rock ;)

Thug love for you POO :)

12:45 AM, March 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi nosthegame, i wanna comment on your poem, but uh, uh-ruh, it looks real deep, and i don't have the mental energy to really read it yet. LOL. but i'll be back.

5:05 PM, March 27, 2006  
Blogger Leesa said...

I love the words you use. And I am not leaving, the disappearing was a joke (because the FBI might get me).

1:24 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Wow! Amazing post. I will be back to see more.

1:27 PM, March 29, 2006  
Blogger Lumina said...

hey!

hope alls good! :) awol... i think we all do that one... heee...

3:49 PM, April 03, 2006  
Blogger Blondie... said...

I've been away too long...

But I feel at home.

"When hypocrisy bathes in its contradictions,
You see the appearance of bold yet well-intentioned malevolence;
Reluctantly and eagerly, foolishness embraces its humanity,
and accepts its socialization. "

Your poetry is always so pithy.

2:06 AM, April 11, 2006  
Blogger Lumina said...

Hope you are ok! :) and be back to inspire self! ::

1:24 PM, April 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice words!

3:49 PM, May 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home