Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Midnight Howl

Old antagonisms made zealously intransigent
A breeze through murky realities

Dawn of an ingenuity rife with possibility
Commonalities of the type that beget peculiar disjuncts
Read sincerely into heroic acrobatics shameful posturing
Gathering in splendid and livid colour
Sensationalism is kept abreast


The moon howls at wild concrete in human jungles
Beneath starry eyes, black hearts bleed merciless ignorance
Sirens, screams, warnings,
Mocking my deaf ears


Gifts of age
Sit unopened under mountains of forgotten lore
The eyes of sad seeds bleed for lost posterity
Soap, and their boxes, in no shortage
Bread, and its boxes, harder to find
Weeds barrel through spoiled apples to poison fragile roses


Political ergonomics tailored to fit
Cried, tried and true,

Throngs of the opiate-addicted chant in unison
Though poverty muffles certain vocal cords


Be it our savior?
The new days’ cusp
Socialized by nature
long before regimented coercion confuses us
Natural and novel
Ideals oxidized into corrosive perversion


Supreme arbiter
Quarrels of fantastic proportions
Unsettled beneath seething congestions of anger
Malignant fermentations past dusk
Brewing a midnight toil


Relative concessions and blatant masochism
Tread waters familiar through time
The stale and tiresome jargon regurgitated
Insanity force-feed upon gluttons for punishment
We vomit war

4 Comments:

Blogger Meadow said...

My favorite lines:

"Gifts of age
Sit unopened under mountains of forgotten lore"

"Soap, and their boxes, in no shortage
Bread, and its boxes, harder to find"

Once again, well done!

8:07 AM, June 14, 2006  
Blogger sofyatzi said...

ADOREI!"!"!"

Bom fim de semana ;)

5:02 AM, June 16, 2006  
Blogger o.flory said...

"The moon howls at wild concrete in human jungles
Beneath starry eyes, black hearts bleed merciless ignorance
Sirens, screams, warnings,
Mocking my deaf ears"

You framed a piece of the modern life and world.Impressive.

What about inside of human beings?Isn't there a jungle also?Feelings,thoughts,all that humans do prove sometimes that there is a jungle inside every human being,despite the modern world and civilization.

As always,I loved reading your poem.You have the mind of a philosopher and a soul of a poet.

2:59 AM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ AbNorMAl:

Thank you for stopping by. I appreciate the kind comment.

@ sofyatzi:

I take that as a wonderful compliment, especially because you have such a nice way with words.

@ Oº°‘¨t®ãg‘°ºO:

When a mood strikes me, it usually makes me feel of a whole host of things. I try to relate the particular feeling to the life behind me, ahead of me, and around me.

@ lady:

Welcome back. Your presence has been missed.

@ flory7dragonfly:

Thank you dragonfly. I think that it’s the way we question humanity that inspires us. I really have no idea what is in a human. But sometimes, I think we can look into ourselves and see more of the world around us than we think.

I’m always appreciative of your comments.

1:21 PM, June 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home