Thursday, May 11, 2006

In The World

An ethereal idea finds celestial peace;
Prophets weep tears of blood,
as perverts mangle their gospels.

His terrestrial gift is squandered;
Overzealousness is no virtue,

as radical freedom may be the road to slavery,
If temperance is unheeded.


Safid quietly meanders his body,
below the watchful eye of his mother Talish.
The family sits as Kura pours our tea.
Grandma prepares the chicken;

I miss fresh meals.


Mama stirs gravy for the biscuit in the window.
Para el hombre Viejo… su vida está replete.
The red clay beneath the feet of the babies,
Smiling innocently,
They see only the window to each other’s souls.


Avenues and boulevards;
Broken glass and shattered spirits;
Apathy is the morning’s reveille;
Corners are wastelands;
As the Wind blows in its City.


Lovers graze on pure grass with dirty minds;
Don’t be so prudish;
Filth may be a matter of perspective.
Fidelity is innocent until broken,
So is a kiss.

3 Comments:

Blogger alice said...

hello!

h r u?

thanks so much for your visit

do u understand portuguese?

anyway, i love english and it will be great to talk to u

come back to my blog if u want

takecare

alice

3:36 AM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger sofyatzi said...

Thanks for your visit.
I've been reading your posts, and let me tell you that they're great!
I'll be back for sure!!!

9:44 AM, May 16, 2006  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ Grrl Ignored:

Thank you for stopping by. Your writing has an openness I enjoy.

@ alice:

I loved your writing. Although I struggle through the romance languages, I read them slowly and understand.

Please stop by. I will definitely visit your writing again.

@ sofyatzi:

Thank you for taking the time to read my writing. I appreciate the lovely complement as well. Please, don’t be a stranger. Your comments are always welcome here.

11:12 AM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home