Thursday, June 22, 2006

Peering On A Whim

I’ve engulfed moments on a whim
Vain tragic-comedies dance slow
Breathless sighs of smoke
Facetious living and implicit connotations
Anxiously, breathlessness takes depth
Crashing and burning
Blue renegades and red mercenaries


I consecrate hallowed doubt
Sheepish bravado
Yellow hearts sobbing black tears
The consummate romantic
Eternal indebtedness to cruelty
Foreboding stimulants falling like apples
Blinding optical flames



I admire deplorable malignancies
The delectable aroma of sin
Chained to the moral turpitude of ideologues
Touché, yes, it is hypocrisy
So what
Glass-minded serfs
Riotous mayhem
Elevated convolution
Schemes debased by incorrigible mitigation
BIG BROTHER is asleep with one eye open


I peer quietly from train to street
Steam bellowing from the electric line
Smudged windows
Sweet yellow-tailed bird perching solemnly
Silver skies with blue lining
An intriguing entourage of contradictory allusions
Restricted by utilitarian absurdities
The principal recipients suffer ceaselessly
Little smiles from rusted carriages make me hopeful

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave yellow tails alone :) Although, I have to used dictionary.com when I read ur poeams I Luv ur writing.

5:49 PM, June 22, 2006  
Blogger Dusty said...

You are such a metaphor junkie. ;)

Did you write this on the L?

6:00 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger poca said...

well, it's to much expensive words for me to understand the meaning...

but i did understand the title part... and that remind me, one of my first posts... maybe because, the reason people often enter the blog world is the same...

beijinho e dorme bem...

11:02 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger JD_Janelle said...

That was very nice....though I don't know what all of it meant! lol. The red words captured my attention.

5:31 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Madeleine said...

'The consummate romantic
Eternal indebtedness to cruelty'...

hmmm. there's a very loud bell ringing in my ears reading this!
This says may say a lot about you, and it definitely says a lot about me. Why, oh why???
loved it.
Thanks for stopping by my blog it was great to discover yours in return :)

6:43 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Me, Myself, and I said...

hmmm...the world through your eyes...:-)

2:30 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Daniela Coraline said...

y la traduccion abajito porque no???

3:19 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger nosthegametoo said...

@ anonymous:

Thanks. Your opinions and criticisms are among the most important to me.

@ lady in satin:

Alright… I’ll have to answer that tag another time. And thanks for reading. I’m always happy to have your presence here. You have a remarkable insight and sensitivity yourself. Hope to see you in print some day.

@ Frida:

Metaphorically speaking, if I don’t get a symbolic fix, I can’t write.

And no, I didn’t write it on the L. But I thought about the L and the NYC subway when I was writing this.

@ poca:

I completely agree with you. I think that many people in blog-world are either looking for, or writing for the same reasons/things.

Chao.

jd_janelle:

If your attention was captured, I consider the poem to have some value.

Thanks for stopping by.

@ Madeleine:

Well, I’ll tell you, there’s a bit of me in everything I write. It may not be all of me, since I write of emotions I feel at that moment. But none-the-less, they do say something about me.

Glad you stopped by. Please, don’t be a stranger.

@ kayla:

Thank you for contributing to opening my eyes a bit further.

@ Plumestosa:

Yo no tengo las respuestas en mi escritura. Pero la pregunta es muy importante.

Gracias para la visita.

3:02 PM, July 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home